Our friendship began in college with a road trip across the U.S. Since then, we’ve traveled the world together!
On each trip we found ourselves day-dreaming about how we could spend even more time together. How could we work together?
As we explored new countries, we met women with incredible talent who were limited by their connection to a global market. Markets were flooded with tourists, and access to raw materials was scarce.
Finally, we put the two together: We could create access to a global market by creating a way for friends to work together! We would start a community-led global market place!
Today, we call it social-impact community-selling.
Today, we’re Threads Worldwide.
Since we founded Threads in 2011, we’ve partnered with women to create a growing market for fair trade goods, hand-crafted by incredible artisans.
We draw parallels in every aspect of our business:
Women in Ecuador gather to collect materials, learn new techniques, and work together in community.
Women in Colorado gather to shop stylish jewelry, gorgeous handbags, and our new home collection.
Women in Indonesia work from home crafting sterling silver pieces in home studios.
Women in Florida work from home scheduling Gatherings and coaching their teams.
We invite you to partner with us – create an extra stream of income for yourself or your family by bringing fair trade products to your community. Connect Santos in Guatemala to your friends and family. Create a global shopping experience in your home!
We promise you:
– Pillow-pride – you’ll be proud of how you make money,
– Elevated style and a way to spruce your look with items you’ll brag about,
– New adventures like the chance to visit our partners – so far we’ve gone to Guatemala, Ecuador, Indonesia, Bolivia, and are heading to Vietnam!
– And, amazing connections and friendships – use us as an excuse to reconnect with old friends, and make new life-long connections!
We’re celebrating our growing community!
Let’s create a Brighter World Together,
* In 2017 Linds stepped away from our leadership team to rock out life as a nurse (something she was working towards when we founded Threads), and being a mama to 2 cutie pies. She continues to Host Gatherings and be as solid as ever on her business advice.